Frequently Asked Questions
What are the requirements to become a foster parent?
What are the costs associated with becoming a foster parent?
Do I have a choice about the children placed in my home?
Do I pay for everything essential needs and health care?
How do I get started?
When does foster care lead to adoption?
What is Cherish Kids' tax information?
Our tax ID (EIN) number is 26-3912391
All contributions are tax deductible as allowed by law.
What are the requirements to become a respite care provider?
- Fingerprints of all household members age 17 and over
- Copies of Social Security Cards of all household members age 17 and over
- Walk through of the home and discussion of the following safety items:
- Storage of chemicals, cleaning products, medications, weapons, and ammunition
- Location of smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detector
- Observation of housekeeping standards
- Fire extinguisher
- Bed space and sleeping arrangements
What is the process of becoming a respite care provider?
- Fill out the form
- Complete and return the application provided by the agency
- Complete a child abuse/neglect screening and criminal background check
- Complete a home assessment to ensure your home meets licensing standards
- Attend a Respite Care Training – online or 3-hour seated course
Can the biological parents take the child after the adoption is final?
How long does it take to finalize an adoption?
Will there be interaction with biological parents?
Do adopted children have severe long-term emotional problems?
Eleanor Roosevelt – First Lady
Steve Jobs – entrepreneur: co-founder of Apple
Aristotle – philosopher
Faith Hill – country singer
President Gerald Ford – politician
Dave Thomas – entrepreneur: founder of Wendy’s